V/Line has resorted to using trains designed for suburban lines in the 1980s on longer trips, despite warnings of significant risks.
- by Patrick Hatch
- by Michaela Whitbourn
- by Rachael Dexter and Craig Butt
- by Cara Waters, Melissa Cunningham and Ashleigh McMillan
Australia’s peak medical body will investigate cutting the COVID-19 isolation requirements from seven days to five at the end of September when surging coronavirus cases are expected to subside.
- by Sumeyya Ilanbey
Smaller universities have been urged to innovate as Melbourne and Monash report a combined surplus of almost $950 million.
- by Madeleine Heffernan
- by Rachel Eddie
- by Annika Smethurst
- by Frankie Carroll
- by Marta Pascual Juanola
- by Cameron Houston
- by David Estcourt and Adam Cooper
- by Ashleigh McMillan, Marta Pascual Juanola and David Estcourt
- by David Estcourt
- by Madeleine Heffernan, Adam Carey and Nicole Precel
- by Nicole Precel and Adam Carey